Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Guacamole (Mexican Avocado Mash)

I think most people know what Guacamole is. Here I will show you how my mother taught me to make it. I like this way best especially for spreading on "Tostadas"

Ingredients
-4-6 ripe small or medium Hass Avocadoes (cut in half, flesh removed, save the seeds)
-Juice of 2-3 freshly squeezed limes
-1 teaspoon or more salt to taste
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon black ground pepper
-2 roma tomatoes diced into small cubes
-¼ onion diced into small cubes
-½ cup cilantro minced
-2-4 Serrano chili peppers minced finely into super tiny pieces (optional)

Directions
-Mash the avocado in a large bowl with a fork to a puree. Add lime juice, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir well/
-Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well and bury on top the avocado seeds to preserve freshness of Guacamole.

9:33 PM - 0 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove

No comments: