Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Steamed Vegetables with Vinegar and Soy Sauce dip

Haha yet another thing I learned from my Filipino friend's (Shantall) mother (Herminia). Her mother loves vegetables and usually makes sure that there is always vegetables incorporated into the meal, be it a side dish or within a specific dish.

She sometimes makes a very simple vegetable side dish, she simply steams vegetables (be it broccoli, cauliflower, wedged cabbage, etc.) and will make a vinegar soy sauce dip.

I recommend this if you are ever in a hurry and want some healthy vegetables to eat with your meal.

This has become a regularly prepared thing in my house when we want veggies quickly and have broccoli, cauliflower, or cabbage on hand.
Main Ingredients:
-(whatever veggie steamed I've had this prepared with either cauliflower, broccoli or wedged cabbage or a combination of broccoli and cauliflower)

Dipping sauce:
-soy sauce
-vinegar
Directions:
-In a pot boil some water about 1-2 inches of it, then add veggies cleaned and cut to steam, when ready and they change color check it's doness and if it's good, drain and set aside.

(2)Mix equal amounts vinegar to soy sauce (like 1 tablespoon soy sauce you add 1 tablespoon vinegar) that's how I do it, but it's really to taste.

(3)That's it just get a veggie and dip and eat, it's that simple, trust me! It's good and simple.
PLEASE NOTE:
-This is delicious with boiled whole okra, just get young fresh okra, boil a pot of water, and boil whole until they just change color a bit, drain and serve with dipping sauce you may shock them in cold water if you wish. Very addicting for me.

P.S.
-I know it may sound weird or akward to some but try it, you may like it and it's good for you :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love these Nathan. I know you ripped it off from our kitchen, but I'm glad you did because other people need to know how awesome this dish is. Keep up the good work.
Love, your future suga mama.